[pct-l] Temporarily off-trail, looking for advice on finishing

Mark Hyams markhyams at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 08:26:04 CDT 2015

For simplicity in logistics, and to not waste any precious time during the
weather window, think about either start at Harts Pass and head south, or
just pick up where you left off and head north. I would go southbound from
Harts. Washington in August is spectacular, and it'll give you different
perspective than most thru-hikers, who will be trying to beat winter in
September in Washington.

Having said that, your plan sounds pretty good. If you get back on the
trail on August 1, I would think all the snow would be gone by then. I
don't know where you will be spending the next six weeks, but if it's at or
near sea-level, keep in mind that getting back on at Kearsarge will be a
slap in the face. Altitude acclimatization goes away very quickly.

Mark