[pct-l] I'm wondering what is the most reasonable amount of days between resupplies?

Scott Diamond scott.diamond.mail at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 17:12:55 CDT 2015

I've wondered about this as well (planning on 2016 hike).   If it is just
the mailing cost, then personally I'm willing to spend the money and ship
food so I only carried 2 days of food. But then I thought this might
actually slow me down. The problem is the hours of operation. For example,
I'd hate to arrive at resupply spot at 5PM Friday and find they are closed
and don't reopen until 9AM Monday. But maybe this is unrealistic? Are the
hours of operation for resupply not an issue? If money was no object and
minimize weight and covering most mileage your goal would you mail packages
as often as possible?

         -Scott