[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 91, Issue 9

Jon Phipps jonaphipps at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 11 10:54:34 CDT 2015

Subj.:  Packs
Check out Z-Packs.  Expensive but good suspension system and great waterproofing.  BTW, after 2,000-odd mi. on the PCT, my ULA required liberal use of Gorilla tape to keep it intact.  This was mostly on the back of the pack, which apparently had too much contact w/my toxic sweat.  I did like the yellow elastic keepers  on the ULA shoulder straps; I think they were designed to hold water btls., but I used 'em to cinch down my umbrella.  When I got a Z-pack, I moved said cinches from the ULA to the new pack.
Happy Trls., all   Jon Phipps