[pct-l] main body of thru hikers

Susan Virnig susan at newstories.org
Wed Jul 8 19:16:13 CDT 2015

Just section hiked in O & P on June 19-21, 24-26 and 28-July 1.  Saw lots of thru hikers.  Some had skipped the Sierras, including SomeNDN, Cypress and Oak; others had plowed through a late snow storm including Goat, T, Ted, I’ll Be Back, Alpine Bunny, Sinatra, F-bomb.  Lots of these guys were doing 30+ miles/day average, so do the math for when you want to join them.

By the way, I reported all water sources to PCTwater.com.  Some are still flowing well, but others had pools with 1” of water, which I could still use with my old-fashioned MSR pump, and others were just mud. There’s still enough water to get by, but I don’t envy folks coming thru in a month.

—Susan from Spokane