[pct-l] Skipping

Mel Tungate mel at tungate.com
Thu Jul 2 19:46:14 CDT 2015

Every step, whether 2650 miles of them, or 2649 miles, should be celebrated.

Whether one hitched from the Anderson's to Hughes Lake to avoid that road
walk, or got off the trail to go to Tehachapi at Willow Springs Road then
got back on the trail at Hwy 58, or did not walk 20 miles of road to bypass
the 4 miles of PCT that is closed, is totally irrelevant.  And, if one would
start today, there are at least two fire blockages ( and maybe 3 ) plus a
full chunk that cannot be walked now.  So, would one who went say 2600 miles
today, and walked every step one could, be classified as a non-thru  hike?

And, what dang difference does it make whether one flips once, or twice, or
none, or ten times.  It still is 2650 miles the last I checked, and I will
have walked ( if I did the full trail ) 2650 more miles than my next door
neighbor.

What award someone else gets is of no interest to me.  Zero.  Nein.  Zilch.
Zip.  It neither adds to nor diminishes what I feel from the part of the
trail I walked.

Mel