[pct-l] Footwear

Leslie LaRocca larocca690 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 16:07:09 CST 2015

Hi everyone, I am planning for my attempted thru hike this coming spring
and I have a question about footwear.
So I have read all the guides and whatnot and it is highly suggested that I
should purchase and wear shoes that are a size too large. I can see how
this totally makes sense as my feet are going to swell, but are they really
going to swell THAT much?? I have super narrow feet, so I am wondering if I
really need to do this. It also makes me nervous to wear shoes too big
because isn't ill fitting footwear a cause of blisters? Also, in hiking the
PCT, I am going to be putting more stress on my feet than I ever have in my
entire life and it seems odd to do this in incorrect fitting shoes. I'm
confused about what to do on this one...would love to hear of others
personal experiences!! Thanks!