[pct-l] Bottlenecks

Mark Liechty mlaccs at mlaccs.com
Sun Jan 25 14:54:26 CST 2015

On Jan 25, 2015, at 11:55 AM, Scott Bryce <sbryce at scottbryce.com> wrote:
> Unless there was some private communication we don't know about, the idea that Hiker Heaven is a bottle neck was just allegations. I wonder if Donna just got tired of being the lightning rod.
> ######

I am pretty sure my opinion counts for less than the electrons who die in writing this.  BUT this blow up started over a post from Ned.

If you read the entire Facebook things the root cause is a power struggle caused by an unfortunate death.    That some of the personalities involved are very strong and willing to use this opportunity to make a point an get revenge is only human nature for some of these people.  We have seen it here more than once over the years.

Maybe the actions Donna is taking are good for everyone, maybe they are bad.  When we look back at this a year from now Donna wants (and deserves) to spend more time with her grandkids.   Let her enjoy that time, she gave 18 years and that it more than most people ever do.

As for those who worry about personal gain and vendettas will get and take their free shots.  Let them (we cannot stop them anyway).

On the bright side the loss of Hike heaven will force more who are not prepared off the trail sooner and that will save SAR calls and injuries\deaths in the Snow and that is what Ned was looking to see happen so maybe this is the best  for everyone involved.

Mark "Blankie" Liechty