[pct-l] Insomina

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jan 24 07:56:19 CST 2015

JMT Snow Bunny Reinhold wrote: USMC ..... Heck,....we got used to sleeping on concrete runways, without pads,  using our packs or helmets for pillows, waiting for planes and helicopters.  Also many hikers are overly nervous about the bears & Mountain Lions.  Hikers should be more nervous about "Switchback" the Trail Pirate instead.  He will rob & plunder you and leave you with nothing but your undies or Speedos.
Switchback replies: When I was flying for the USAF we did not go to war unless we had a private room and the per diem rate was satisfactory.  By the way I do not need to see a bunch of PCT hikers out there running around in their skivvies.  The thought of it gives me the chills.  That is worse than bears and mountain lions.  A little pepper spray properly used will usually take care of them.  Otherwise, just slap them around a little like we used to do in the old days in the Sierras.  In fact, Reinhold was known as the Slapper back then when the last ice age glaciers were retreating.  All the remains of them is the Palisades Glacier.