[pct-l] Restrictions on alcohol stoves

Dan Welch welchenergy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 16:13:20 CST 2015

Mostly I bought on trail.  I shipped once in OR and once in WA.  It was surprisingly available.  A single small canister lasted me about two to three weeks.  (I only heat for dinner and occasional tea.)  If you happen to run out, there are generally used canisters in most every hiker box.  I didn’t worry too much about it and it all worked out.  Just by memory I bought in Idyllwild (though I didn’t need to.)  Big Bear,  Agua Dulce, Tehachapi, Kennedy Meadows, Mammoth, So. Lake Tahoe, Mt. Shasta, Ashland (and shipped one), and Cascade locks (and shipped one.)  I always had extra fuel when I bought my next canister.  There are numerous opportunities to buy in Southern Cal and you will figure out how often you have to replenish.  That helps later in the trip when it is farther between good resupplies.

Timberline