[pct-l] SoCal in Feb

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 20:02:24 CST 2015

In 2010 we got hammered in the San Felipe Hills in late April just before
Kick Off, in potentially some of the hottest miles.  An icy windstorm hit
during which folks lost gear which was blown off the ridge, and by the end
of the day, snow flurries.  Overnight it got real quiet as our tents began
to accumulate snow.  By the morning we had 4 to 5 inches of snow and the
most beautiful blooming cactuses and yuccas I've ever seen all buried in
white.  We were not at the elevation of Laguna at that point where the snow
was deeper. Be prepared for the weather and you'll be fine.

Shroomer