[pct-l] Pocket rocket vs alcohol stove

Brian Gill pctpanama at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 14:00:49 CST 2015

Spent hours doing all the tests , backpacked with both. I'll stick with the pocket rocket and canister.  hardly any weight difference .  If it bothers you  cut a couple more inches off your straps... Not to mention a big wind comes up and that little soda cans takes off like a fireball.. Canister fuel MSR etc,  readily available everywhere..  I believe I heard the Forest service frowns on those alcohol stove now days!       Check it out when you get your fire permit..  ..   Panama

"Sent from my iPhone"

       Brian