[pct-l] Fwd: Camlbak All Clear

Tim Umstead tumstead96 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 12:33:47 CST 2015

Two X-mas's ago I received a SteriPen from my wife.  I opened it, put in a
set of batteries and it would not work.  I then went out and purchased a
new set of batteries and it still would not turn on.  It just gave me a
error.  I checked the batteries and they were all good.  We took it back to
REI, exchanged it for another new SteriPen.  When I got home I installed
the batteries and...it worked.  Great.  About one month later I was getting
ready for a hiking trip I took out the "good" SteriPen put in the batteries
and I got an error.  I tried several sets of batteries and still I got an
error.  I returned it to REI for a refund.  If two new never used SteriPens
fail like that I do not have much faith in them.  The last thing I would
like to see is me being 5 days out and having my water purification device
fail.