[pct-l] Good News & Bad News

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Jan 7 07:04:21 CST 2015

Hi gang,
Trouble is back in town.
Survived several weeks in the bush in Africa and miraculously managed
to avoid capture by "in the bush to long" tribal maiden.
That of course is good news for the girls but bad news for the guys.
The girls are dancing in the street, and the guys are gnashing their
teeth.
Browsing through the December posts I see that Switchback & Brick are
under attack by some of our overly serious whiners, including Mary &
JoAnn who do not appreciate the Switchback humor and make Brick's job
miserable with complains like...."Brick,I don't like what that man is
saying...it's all your fault, why do you let him say those things"?
Give me a break,...Switchback & Brick are good guys and don't deserve
that kind of harassment.
Sometimes I wonder why Brick puts up with this.
It always seems to happen this time of the year with the "HERD"
getting tense and nervous as the "KO" nears
Switchback has a heart of gold and and tries to calm the "HERD" and
relax them with a little trail humor.
Zip Locks & weather reports can get somewhat boring after a while.

I hope I meet Mary & JoAnn on the trail some day so I can whisper in
their ear and "Razzle, Dazzle" them with my charm and loosen them up
and cheer them up a bit.
It's not good for them to be all tight and tense.
What they need is
some good old Switchback humor.

GIVE'M YOUR BEST STUFF SWITCHBACK AND YOU BETTER MAKE IT QUICK.

Too bad not everybody is easy going like Switchback & Reinhold....
would be a better and happier world and make Brick's job a lot
easier.

Well, got to go now....the girls are pounding on my door.

JMT Reinhold
Your Good News, Bad News trail companion.
>/Brick is the problem.
/......................
Brick wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me that people like JoAnn bitch when I don't
run the list they way they want, yet they stay around and take
advantage of my (and Ryan's) volunteer work, and all they do to give
back is complain.

If I was really the evil person JoAnn thinks she I am, posts like this
would make me boot her off the list. However, she is still here.

However, I do invite JoAnn to leave this list. It seems her life would
be better if she were not a member. It would certainly make my life
more pleasant.

I don't get paid for doing this, and this sort of aggravation makes me
wonder why I even bother. Can't we all just get along?

---