[pct-l] more planning - Walker Pass to Mt Whitney (Lone Pine)

The Wilderness Vagabond wildvagabond at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 12:15:35 CST 2015

My thanks to FreeRange, Elkwalker, and HTH Gary for the salient and excellent information.

Permit questions - solved

Shuttle questions - perhaps solved, thanks for good info.

Water - Elkwalker provided good info.  Freerange too.  Yet, I am an old guy (medicare rules!), and will be averaging 10 miles per day.  So, I'll need water more often than you trail lopers.

Where are water reports posted?  Yes, a neophyte question - yet I want to check on water reports close to departure date.  I assume there is more than one source or listing for water reports - what do you suggest using?

Will there be difficult fording (getting across streams, rivers) possible along this route (walker pass to whiney portal)?

Using last year as a model - is it possible to access water reports from the 2014 season - so as to get a guess of reliable water sources?  Where do I look?

If you have Grand Canyon questions - send a note or look at the WV reports (link below).

Again, thanks for the terrific info, WildVagabond

My best to you.  Remember, wherever you go there you are!    Please see:  http://wildernessvagabond.com/ for trip reports and other wild stuff.         I hope the aspects of your life that are deja vu all over again -- are the most enjoyable parts of your life, rob