[pct-l] Lost Hiker

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed Feb 25 21:11:56 CST 2015

A very sad commentary on our times. No wonder Trail Angels are seeing increased "attitude" issues from hikers. I blame parents who can't/won't/don't teach their children about personal ethics and responsibilities.

I remember in the late 60s when we never locked our doors or even took the keys out of the ignition of our vehicles when we parked in town (western ranching community, not a major city.) We left our guns and fly rods in the gun rack of our pick-ups. Only a fool would disturb anything, since everyone knew everyone else's vehicles on sight, and had no qualms about questioning why you were moving Joe's truck.