[pct-l] Snow up north

Kit Ravensong kitravensong at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 21 19:26:00 CST 2015

We have 1 1/2 to 2 feet of snow here in Mazama, at around 2000 feet elevation. Downhill skiers are coming here (as the downhill ski resorts are closed in Washington) and cross country skiing. I see them outside my front window skate-skiing.

I have got work to catch up on then I plan to ski towards Harts Pass. I'll report back later next week on the snow depth in that direction.

Its important to remember that we can still have heavy snowfall in spring. We had a dump of 2 feet last spring in mid-March. That was down in the valley east of the PCT at Mazama. Who knows how much they got up at Hart's Pass, but there was still a lot of snow early July up there and 2 snow accidents happened on the PCT.

Sent from my iPhone