[pct-l] Camping south of Tehachapi

Tortoise tortoise73 at charter.net
Wed Feb 18 07:34:44 CST 2015

Since we're picking at this nit, sierra is Spanish for mountain range or mountain chain. Nevada translates as snowfall or snowstorm.  Thus "Sierra Mountains" is "mountain range mountains".

I live in the San Francisco Bay area for 30 years. Often I heard people refer to the Sierra Nevada as the Sierras.

All for now. Happy trails.

Tortoise

All content is copyrighted by their respective authors.
Use elsewhere than this list without permission prohibited.

Dictated / Typoed on my iPad.