[pct-l] why the adzpctko should end

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 17:02:03 CST 2015

Baloney!

First off if you don’t like the kickoff idea don’t go.
If you don’t like bottlenecks just stop hiking. PERIOD!
If you don’t like water caches stop using them.
If you don’t like trail angels- keep on trucking.

If you don’t like food,
forced air heaters,
water,
fireplaces,
soap,
wood burning stoves,
movies,
aluminum foil,
people,
postage stamps,
hotels,
electricity,
motels,
beer,
restaurants,
bars,
Laundromats,
taverns,
post offices,
whiskey,
supply stores,
wine,
grocery stores,
resupply packages,
barber shops,
repair shops,
batteries,
gear stores,
toilet paper,
hostels,
showers,
farmer’s markets,
bath tubs,
shuttles,
massages,
hot tubs,
cabs,
sex,
airplanes,
toothbrushes,
buses,
postcards,
trains,
libraries,
spas,
cars,
Skittles,
vans,
vitamin D milk,
trucks,
all you can eat buffets,
dogs,
one armed bandits,
cats,
scratch and sniff lottery tickets (bacon flavored,)
parakeets,
butter pecan ice cream,
hamsters,
pharmacies,
Zip Loc bags,
air conditioning,
matches,
goldfish,
beds,
kids,
ceiling fans,
yourself
or others...
don’t go into towns.

The PCTA is the single biggest promoter of the movie Wild.
Wild is NOW the single biggest promoter of the PCT.
Only 425 thru hikers completed the 2014 Mexico to Canada route out of 2655 thru hikers.
That’s 16%.
What’s the problem?
You (meaning those that do this) are an idiot if you can’t dispose of your bodily waste discreetly off the trail.
I/we don’t need any more of the hall monitor,
nanny state-big brother types telling us what to do or what not to do.

This response is not aimed at you directly,
but more to any number of other posters that have butt hurt and are concerned about my well being.
I’m doing just fine out there, and I’m polite and respectful to those I meet.
I’ve seen the illegal campfire rings and trash (I carried 10 pounds out of Live Oak Spring)
and I’ve seen my share of toilet paper under a rock right along the trail (ladies???)
and especially north of Muir hut (ladies???)

so- if people want to have a kickoff, have the kickoff.

PaintYW