[pct-l] Neoprene socks

DayLate07 . dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 20:38:07 CST 2015

I've only used neoprene socks/boots while diving.  The feet were always wet
but warm.   I think these would work well over wet slushy snow fields.  I
don't think I'd ever attempt to use them for more than a couple of hours at
a time - just when conditions warranted and not a minute longer.  In the
Sierra and other places where my feet were almost always wet I had no
issues with this but I'd carefully dry them each night and then keep them
dry all night.  Never used socks to sleep in.  I would sometimes end up
putting those wet socks on again first thing in the morning - brrrr that
was always cold.
I would not have used them for most stream crossings unless these were very
early on a cold morning as I've had to limp for a good 45 minutes after
crossing a cold stream on a cold day until my feet finally warmed up.  If
feet are warm the neoprene should come off - my feet are waterproof its not
for the wet that I would wear them.   I believe wool socks may be nearly as
good a choice/alternative - but I doubt they are as warm.

Day-Late