[pct-l] Aqua Mira...again

DayLate07 . dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 22:16:44 CST 2015

You won't have to treat every source, in some cases you will actually be
getting water out of a faucet.

Also if you don't need to drink the water right away, say you are treating
it over night, you can use a smaller dosage (say half) and that will work
fine too.  I think I used less than 3 for the whole PCT.  YMMV

> I'm reading that this stuff only treats between 15-30 gallons of water, so
> potentially you could be blowing through one per 1.5 weeks? At 15$ a pop
> that's a couple hundred dollars for the duration of the trip? Are people
> really spending this much on this stuff?? Does anyone feel this is more
> cost effective than batteries for a steripen? I was going to return the
> steripen I bought because of the pricy batteries, but am no longer sure.
> Any input would be appreciated!

There were a couple of spots where I thought these would have been very
nice as I tend to get a lot of pain when my feet get very cold (frost nip
from years ago).  I never used them (yet) but would probably carry them in
the Sierra as I remember my feet freezing going over Maher.  This was from
walking on snow for hours with wet trailrunners.

Day-Late