[pct-l] Phone Charging

David Roessler davidroessler at rocketmail.com
Mon Feb 2 07:00:14 CST 2015

For whats its worth, I have been using a Bushnell Mini Solarwrap that weighs 3.1 oz.  to charge my phone and headlamp. It has a internal battery that can also be re-charged at a wall outlet..It takes 10 hours of sunlight to fully charge the internal battery, here in Ohio it sometimes takes two or three days to do the job. I plan on using it on my thru hike this year and  figure if nothing else I can charge it while in town and be good to go for 1 1/2  phone charges.
Keep in mind though that I have a Fred Flintstone era flip-phone that uses much less power than the newer types of phones.
David Roessler