[pct-l] 2016 Dinsmores Mailing Instructions

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Tue Aug 25 11:13:26 CDT 2015

​This year all mail was to be sent UPS and Fed X.  Most of you decided to
send your resupply boxes through the Post Office. We do not have home
delivery. Jerry has been sick the last year and it is difficult for us to
carry 800+ boxes home from the Post Office. Being you either can not read
directions or find it too difficult to send it correctly these changes for
next year will be implemented.

Starting the 2016 hiker season and future seasons we will NOT ACCEPT any
hiker mail. All mail to the Skykomish area will need to be General Delivery
to the Skykomish Post Office. Whether you stay at the Cascadia Inn, at the
Dinsmore's or in the woods........this will be the mailing address.

Hiker Name
General Delivery
Skykomish, WA. 98288

DO NOT SEND ANYTHING TO THE DINSMORE'S.

DO NOT SEND ANY MAIL OR BOXES TO THE TOWN OF BARING. THEY DO NOT DELIVER TO
HOMES. THE MAIL WILL BE RETURNED. WE DO NOT HAVE A PO BOX THERE.

We will be accepting NO MORE hiker mail as of 2016. We will be still open
and accepting hikers.....just not their mail. This should solve the problem
of the hikers mailing their resupply boxes and expecting us to look
for them at 3 different Post Offices. Directions for the year 2015 were UPS
and Fed X only so all mail would be delivered directly to our mail room.
Hikers insisted on doing their own thing and mailing boxes to our house
through the Post Office. We do NOT have home delivery from any Post Office.
Boxes went to Skykomish (10 miles away) Gold Bar (13 miles away) and the
Baring Post Office (which we don't have a PO Box at).

Stevens Pass ONLY accepts UPS and Fed X also. Hikers are trying to use USPS
for Stevens and their mail is ending up in Leavenworth, 35 miles away.

Hikers need to recheck all addresses that their resupply boxes are being
sent to before they mail them. Email or make a phone call and make sure you
are sending your resupply boxes is the right place. Otherwise it may not be
there.

These instructions will be in Yogi's next Guide Book, Guthook's app and
Half Miles maps. It will be on Face Book and repeatedly posted on the
PCT-L.

Also, we now have a NO ALCOHOL policy at our home.  Hikers who show up with
any kind of alcohol will not be allowed to stay.

Andrea Dinsmore
PCT MOM