[pct-l] Hiking down from Mountain High (Highway 2, Mile 369.5) to Swarthout Canyon (Mile 347)

Ron Graybill rgraybill44 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:40:04 CDT 2015

If possible I want to make a two-day hike down from Mountain High (Highway
2, Mile 369.5) to Swarthout Canyon (Mile 347).  Two questions:

1) has anyone been in the area recently to know if the snow has melted
enough to make such a hike without great difficulty?

2) Hiking as slowly as I do, I need to ask if there is any place two or
three tents could be pitched along about 11 miles down, say between Miles
357.8 and 358?  Or anywhere three miles north or three miles south of that
area?

I've got a couple of friends, also section hikers, willing to hike that
stretch.

Warm regards,
Ron "Slo Charger" Graybill