[pct-l] Ice Axe

Dave Fajer davefajer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 20:59:31 CDT 2015

Low snow doesn't mean no snow......one gent is already circling back to
Kearsarge thru Rae Lakes loop after getting down the North face of Glen
Pass and apparently not able to continue North.

I was on Glen Pass last week and without ice axe/whippet.....you may get
DOWN the North slope but doubtful you will get back up it and VVR isn't
seeing anyone coming from South yet as of last week so Pinchot Pass
probably is a "bit*h" too..  More snow in Sierras forecasted tomorrow...
6-12 inches above 7K.

It is really interesting for me personally to see the real difference
between "Snowfall" and "Snowmelt" in the Sierras.....before my PCT hike
this year...I just had to glean Info from reading.....that said....I will
be heading out from KM Tuesday.....again but still with cold weather gear,
hiking crampons and whippet!