[pct-l] Worried About My Knees

Jim Bravo jimbravo2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 23:51:39 CDT 2015

Scott "Shroomer" Williams made some great points on dealing with arthritic
knees that I have found to be true over years of running ultras and hiking.
Add one more. After knee surgery last year to remove most of my R meniscus,
and at 62 years of age, I could not run a quarter mile without pretty
severe knee pain that forced me to stop. My knee became arthritic
(inflamed). I've been a runner since 1986 and thought it was over for sure,
until I changed my diet. The funny thing is, the diet change was for other
health reasons entirely. Whole, unprocessed foods, no sugar or flour. This
is a low glycemic load, and therefore your body has a lower insulin
response. It's a diet that reduces inflammation throughout your body. It
does a helluva lot more positive things than that, but this thread is about
knees. Voila! Within a month I could run several miles without any pain.
I'm slowly building up my mileage again... Other symptoms are improving as
well. The old adage to "make your food your medicine" is a reality if you
do it right. The best book I've read on the subject 'is "The Blood Sugar
Solution" by Mark Hyman, M.D. Anyway, I know that Shroomer is using a
similar diet and I wanted to make the point that I suspect his diet is
really helping lower inflammation (arthritis) in his knees, as well as the
other things he spoke of.

Bravo