[pct-l] Section E Detour Question Redux

Frederick Baier frederickbaier at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 6 21:05:34 CDT 2015

 Aloha all, I’m doing Sections D&E later this month. Has anyone hiked up to Mile 481 in Section E from San Fransquito Road (~Mile 478) and then to RD0481 (per Halfmile’s overlay on Google Earth)? Can one then take Leona Divide Fire Road down to Burns Fire Road (N701 I think) and then jig-jog (official term) down a cut-off to Ranch Club Road and finally take Ranch Club out to Elizabeth Lake Road? As a MYTH, I’m trying to walk all the PCT miles that are reasonably available and not hitch between closure points. I’ve looked at the closure order and can’t clearly discern if Leona Ranch Road or Burns Fiire Road forms the boundary for the closure area. I know someone out there proposed something similar to this a few weeks back… just wondering if anyone has tried it yet?? Mahalo lui noa!Aloha, Fritz