[pct-l] spot / inreach rental?

Pietro, Michael M.D. mmpietro at hinet.org
Thu Apr 2 12:13:20 CDT 2015

I'm not aware of a rental service. I had to subscribe to my Spot sevice for a full year to activate it. Worse, the "automatic renewal" was not optional. The thing would have charged my credit card $150 a year for the rest of my life if I didn't call to cancel the service. Don't lose the phone number when you sign up, you won't find it on the web site.

That said, the device worked pretty well and was the cheapest and lightest I found.

Mike Pietro

Message: 2