[pct-l] hiking section b next week, water?

Alli fitzalli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 13:48:13 CDT 2014

Hi PegLeg!
I just did the Idyllwild road walk yesterday afternoon! I hiked up devils
slide trail, so my walk was only the twenty miles from paradise valley cafe
to Humber Park-I don't have any info beyond that point. Very mellow walk
with wide shoulders for the most part, but even on the windy 243 I never
felt I was in danger of getting hit by a car (granted, it was a Monday
afternoon, so traffic was probably lighter than normal). You could get
water at the lake Hemet store, about 7 or 8 miles from paradise, and then
again at the mountain center cafe at the junction of 74 and 243. I didn't
go down to Hurkey creek campground, but I was told there are showers and
running water there if you needed to fill up. It's right after lake Hemet.
Good luck and happy trails!
Alpaca
PS thanks again for that smoked salmon you and Looky gave me in Old Station!