[pct-l] Ride from Sonora Pass to Tuolumne Meadows needed on Fri, Sept 19th

Herb Stroh HStroh at sjmslaw.com
Wed Sep 10 08:38:10 CDT 2014

In case a ride does not pan out: get from the trail head to Carson City--fastest but most expensive is a shuttle with Tahoe Joe who will pick your up at your trail head: http://www.shuttlearoundtahoe.com/ About $60 from Meeks Bay to Carson. Much cheaper but logistically more challenging is to take the bus/trollies that serve Tahoe http://www.tahoetransportation.org/southtahoe . Or, of course hitch--there is plenty of traffic around the lake. Once in Carson, take ESTA: http://www.estransit.com/CMS/content/395-routes right to Lee Vining (ESTA does not run weekends). I don't recall the cost but not bad. Hitch out of LV to TM or take YARTS http://www.yarts.com/service.html . But I think YARTS only runs on the weekends after Labor Day.

The ESTA stop in LV is right next to Mono Vista RV Park http://monovistarvpark.net/  and you can buy a shower there if desired.

Herb