[pct-l] Be Careful out there. Don't let this be you

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Sun Oct 12 13:04:00 CDT 2014

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Luce Cruz <lucecruz13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't understand why you would say that based on no information given
> about why the woman was rescued other than being "lost"?

A little bit of care, an exercise of knowledge with the proper
equipment (map compass, proper clothing/shelter) can prevent one from
becoming lost or in danger in the fist place. Avoiding emergencies is
much more productive for the effort spent, that "handling" the
emergency well.

That being said, sometimes sh*t just happens to even the most skilled
and best prepared hikers, such injury or illness, so I'm glad the SAR
folks are there, and that they love their jobs.

Be careful out there.