[pct-l] JMT

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Sat May 31 18:19:22 CDT 2014

Dear Dan

The side trips of JMT are written in "John Muir Trail" by Elizabeth Wenk. I
did several in my past JMT trips.

Clouds Rest : very good trip.  easy. I prefer here to Half Dome. I left the
junction of JMT, climb Clouds Rest, and joined JMT at Sunrize.
https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/HappyIslesToBishop?noredirect=1#5783026109133136082

Columbia Finger:  I did not try, but my friend did. It may not be
difficult.
https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/YosemiteToTuolumneMeadow072831#5377370488106244530

Lembert Dome: no permit required, easy, but I scared.
https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/YosemiteToTuolumneMeadow072831#5377580550194071346

Donohue Peak: easy, but needed some route finding technique. I did two
times.
https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/TuolumneMeadowToVermilionValleyResort08018#5378166799597774882

Ediza Lake: easy, spectacular, Shroomer's recommendation.
https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/TuolumneToVVRTheTrainingSections#5842759174651539506

High place near the Gladys Lake: several minutes from the pass. No one
described. I prefer to camp the pass to the lakeside
https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/TuolumneToVVRTheTrainingSections#5648803702554119906

Red Cones : easy, but I cannot recommend. The view is not different from
the trail.
https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/TuolumneMeadowToVermilionValleyResort08018#5378493181988013794

Painted Lady : easy, but needed some rout finding technique.
https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/LakeMarjoriToLonePine081520#5380325043403745074

Tawny Point : easy, and the best. I did two times. The view of Bighorn
Plateau is the best.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/LakeMarjoriToLonePine081520#5380346766464637202

https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/LakeMarjoriToLonePine081520#5380346969860078130