[pct-l] Respect for the PCT

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 20:00:28 CDT 2014

Barry wrote:

In a few weeks, I'll hike over the section of trail that was our very first
project back in August, 2010 - some rock check steps we installed to help
fix an eroded section of tread. Since that day, several thousand people have
benefited from that work. Consider - your one day of working on the trail
will benefit EVERY hiker that passes by that spot for 5 to 10 years or more.

I was there on that first project and built some of those steps, and I gotta
say it's an *amazing* feeling every time I hike over them (which I do pretty
much every year since they're in my local stomping ground).  It's cool that
I personally benefit from that work but I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I
think of how many thousands of thrus, section hikers, and day hikers have
walked on my work and it's going to be there for years and years to come,
too.

Eric