[pct-l] Thought on Resupplying in Shasta

Will M jalan04 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 12:06:11 CDT 2014

I am trying to decide whether to go into Shasta or just hike through
Castella.

I would love to get into a real town, shower, recharge my batteries and get
some veggies and other less healthy food.

Unfortunately my current schedule is really  tight and I'm not sure I can
afford a true zero.

I read in Yogis guide that there is a taxi service in Shasta and they will
pick you up at the I-5 exit.  Does anyone know if there is cell service
(AT&T) and whether it is feasible to call for a pickup if the hitchhike
takes longer then expected?

If I'm going to waste half a day hitching in and out of Shasta I think I'd
rather just hit up Castella.