[pct-l] Section C Late Season Water Questions

Frederick Baier frederickbaier at hotmail.com
Wed May 28 03:08:21 CDT 2014

Aloha Good People,
I just recently finished Section B a few weeks ago--having had the pleasure of hiking along with a bunch of thru's that I hope are still out there--and have now set my sights on Section C. (I'm trying to do at least two sections a year). Can anyone tell me if the permanent/reliable Section C water sources (the "double asterisk" water sources on the water report) are typically still flowing in mid-late September? I'm not afraid to lug 9 liters or more around when I need to, but would like to know for planning purposes if any reliable sources are still normally available at that time of the year. I realize that this is an abnormal year, but I'm hoping someone local (to Section C obviously) with a few years worth of observation can provide some insights. I've done my homework on this section except for how to plan for low/no water at the more permanent spots. Living out of state and a plane ride away makes it tough for me to cache my own water, especially given I have a pretty tight schedule to stick to--unfortunately I have to go back to work after a week or so on the trail.  Any thoughts?
Mahalo & Aloha,
Fritz
Aiea, HI

Sent from my iPad