[pct-l] Thoughts from a "Water" Angel......

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Thu May 22 19:44:56 CDT 2014

I was given permission to share this private email with others......

Johanna Santore
 to andrea
 I maintain the water cache at Swarthout Canyon, the other side of
Wrightwood and check the water daily.  There has been so much more trash
this year all over the ground and stuffed inside the water cache also.
 Last year I kept a trash can, along with table and chairs and lounge
chairs, but the forest rangers confiscated them and told me I could not
keep them there.  Also, I used to leave snacks and hikers would take one
along with the water.  This year, started out with a large metal box (to
keep critters out) and put 48 LUNA bars I got at a good price in it, took
the few empty water bottles to refill, came back 2 hours later and the bars
were all gone.  It looked like only 2 hikers had come thru also.  Many of
the hikers this year are not like the ones in the past.  By the way, my son
stayed with you overnight 2 years ago and really raved about all you do.  I
live too far off the trail. Johanna