[pct-l] Survey for trail riding

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 14:06:19 CDT 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Douglas Tow <douglastow at gmail.com> wrote:

> I visited the survey site, and reviewed its approach.  It makes no attempt
> to make a neutral survey about whether or not the PCT should be opened to
> cycling.  Seriously, asking how much fun it might be to ride a section, or
> whether a responder would help with trail maintenance reflects the
> self-serving nature of the effort.
>
> There appears to be only two questions that a hiker might answer.  They
> will never be used to reduce their efforts, even if the "no bikes on the
> PCT" responses were overwhelming.

Just answer the questions that the trails are too difficult, not fun,
wouldn't do it, etc. There are no qualifying questions in the survey about
if the respondent is a biker, hiker, equestrian, etc, so all answers are
valid, you just have to make sure you answer in a manner that does not
support their cause.

--
Luce Cruz