[pct-l] Mount Kilimanjaro

Mike Welch encinomw at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 17:43:44 CDT 2014

I climbed it 2 years ago and took the" Whiskey Route" paying for an added day to acclimatize.  Most people who don't make it to the top don't because of altitude sickness. The last 4,000 foot climb is strenuous, but doable with proper acclimatization and strength.  Just take it slow.  I think the term was "pole pole", but I'd have to check my notes.  I'm in Idylwild right now completing Sections A&B of the PCT.  Communicate with me off line if you want any other info and when I get back to Alaska I'll check my folder of stuff.  It was a great adventure!  Mountain Mike