[pct-l] Thru-Hiker-Specific, on-trail, snow skills courses

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Sun May 4 10:41:02 CDT 2014

For those who didn't get their snow skills in before leaving to start their thru hikes this year, we will be offering three, Thru-Hiker-Specific, 5-day instructional courses from Cottonwood Pass, over Forester Pass, and out Kearsarge Pass the latter half of May to help you out!

Mountain Education will be there teaching other students and you can join in. Just pick a date, fill out a Course App (or just let us know, if you are already on-trail, with your email address), and watch for pre-course email updates before you get to Kennedy Meadows!

The full Course Description is now up on the school website!

Also, to further make everyone aware of what the early-season Sierra is really like under snow (to dispel fears and concerns), Mountain Education has been posting on their YouTube channel several instructional videos about how to deal with snow-hiking issues from Cottonwood Pass north! We are as far as Rock Creek’s crossing and will be putting more up this week. Go take a look!

Play Safe & Stay Found!

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
www.mountaineducation.org