[pct-l] Best place to stay in Ashland OR

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 22:08:22 CDT 2014

Access to the PCT from Ashland is kind of a long way, you definitely need a
driver.  Second, it is kind of hidden from the road so you really have to
know where to look.  For these reasons,  maybe your best bet would be to
try to stay at the Hostel, but book early as it tends to fill up,
especially the couples rooms.  Then "tag a long" with a hiker who left the
trail and knows exactly where to get back on the trail.  Or at the Hostel,
maybe they will have the number of a trail angel who also knows where it
is.  Stay in the main Hostel on the main road north of the post office.
 There is another Hostel but it is not used as much by hikers.  If you stay
at another hotel, drop by the Hostel for a visit to make arrangements to
connect to the trail.  Other than that, plan on going to one of the
Shakespeare Plays or a theatrical performance!  As for getting from Medford
to Ashland, look at Greyhound or google public transportation.  I'm sure
there are many options for people flying into Medford trying to get to the
Theatrical Perfomances in Ashland.

Toga