[pct-l] Looking for hiking partners for September hike in Northern CA

Sue Pease spease at san.rr.com
Fri Mar 28 22:04:01 CDT 2014

I live in San Diego and I'm looking for people to hike with in Northern CA
in September this year.  If you are interested in any part of this hike,
please contact me by email at:  susanpease59 at gmail.com or by phone at
858-603-2839.

I try to dayhike as much as I can on the PCT, but I will be backpacking
Section Q.

All mileages from Semb Books:

Dayhikes on PCT, California, Oregon

The plan below goes in order of PCT miles northbound from Etna Summit in
Section Q in CA.  The backpack can be extended for all of Section Q.  We
could take the miles from Etna Summit to Grider Creek and turn it into a
4-day backpack (Section Q of CA).

Also note there are no layover days.  We can take layover days whenever the
circumstances call for it.

Sept 12/13:  Travel

Section Q of California

Sept 14-16:  Backpack from Etna Summit to Paradise Trailhead: 29.2 miles

Sept 17: Paradise Trailhead to Grider Creek: 22.9 miles

Sept 18: Grider Creek to Seiad Valley: 6.5 miles

Section R of California (which is also Section A of Oregon)

Sept 19: Seiad Valley to Cook and Green Pass: 15.1 miles

Sept 20: Cook and Green Pass to Wards Fork Gap: 18.8 miles

Sept 21: Wards Fork Gap to Siskiyou Gap: 13.3 miles

Sept 22: Siskiyou Gap to Rt 5: 17.8 miles

Section B of Oregon

Sept 23: Rt 5 to Green Springs Summit: 17.3 miles

Sept 24: Green Spring Summit to Keno Road: 16.1 miles

Sept 25: Keno Rd to Dead Indian Memorial Highway: 9.1 miles

Sept 26: Dead Indian Memorial Highway to Summit Trailhead on Highway 40:
11.5

Sept 27/28 Travel

Sue Pease