[pct-l] mailing gas canisters

Hollywood 100marathonsorg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 23:54:27 CDT 2014

I had really good luck with this fuel system:

Pack a small, sturdy box with 3 or 4 fuel canisters. Mail this ORMD ground to your second town stop. Carry one can and bounce the fuel (forward it for free, don't open it) every 2 stops. It will beat you there since its such a short driving distance. You can probably get fuel in most towns, but not always. These places have small inventories. It's nice to have a little insurance or to just grab a can from the box if you don't want to try and find a ride to a store with fuel.

I started one going in San Diego with 4 cans and took the last one out of the (tattered/disintegrated) box in Stehekin.

Hollywood