[pct-l] water blade + website

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 20:36:35 CDT 2014

Hey Adrian,

I've always just carried plastic water bottles of different shapes to get
them to fit my side pockets, but whatever you like will be fine.  As you
hike you may find you want to get lighter so you can go faster, at which
point you may reevaluate many different items of gear, your water system as
well.  If speed is not an issue, or you're very strong, it won't matter,
take the drinking system of your choice.  There is no one way.

As for shoes, many folks order shoes from a number of different sites and
have them delivered to trail.  We did this for several people who were
having trouble with their feet on the CDT, one in New Mexico and the other
in CO.  Shipping to trail is easy and the best way to get a new pair is to
use a computer at a cyber cafe or library when you are in a town and just
Google the type of shoe you want and add, on Sale, and see what comes up.
 It will not be a problem.

Welcome to the trail and have a wonderful summer!

Shroomer