[pct-l] Poopy hands! (was Re: Frogg Toggs - new products - create the consumer)

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:05:36 CDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Daniel Zellman <danielzellman at gmail.com>wrote:
> So ... protect yourself -- and do
>
> your fellow hikers a solid -- by treating your water. It is, in my view,
> the only ethical choice.

Personally, I don't care what anyone does to **their** water. I don't. Mix
battery acid and animal urine in **your** water once you have it in
**your** container and I won't care. I'll just figure it works for you,
rock on.

But, there are definitely poop issues on any trail, and I care about that.
Without going into detail, I believe that more folks need to be educated
about proper backcountry toilet locations, prep, use, and covering/disguise.

And wash those poopy hands or use sanitizer often. **THIS** will be doing
yourself, other hikers, and "ethical choices" a great deal of help along
the way. What you might have thought was illness from Giardia was probably
poopy hands, yours or someone elses. And don't even try to convince me that
hand sanitizers and other products are in any way bad for me or
anyone/anything. I'll decide what's bad for me, and poopy hands are bad for
me and anyone/anything else. Unless you have a confirmed allergy to the
ingredients in soaps and hand sanitizers, you have no excuse, Mr or Ms
Poopy Hands!

You might think I am way overboard on this issue, but there may be no
easier way to ruin any hike than an easily prevented illness.

--
Luce Cruz