[pct-l] Frogg Toggs

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 21:54:35 CDT 2014

It sounds like you may have been soaked by sweat.  I know I'd be soaked
even without rain gear if I exercise under a roof when it's raining
outside.  There's no way the sweat will evaporate quickly enough, and
putting on any sort of rain gear is only going to make it worse.

The main reason you still wear rain gear is to stop the rain from directly
wicking away your heat.  Cold water can absorb a LOT of energy, so while it
may seem like being soaked by sweat is bad, it's nothing compared to having
the rain suck the heat out of you.

I'm not saying your pants didn't wick though because it's happened to me,
although I couldn't ascertain how much of it was wicked rainwater before my
sweat came down to meet it.  Leaving a gap should help.  I'm not sure what
else to do without adding more gear.