[pct-l] Frogg Toggs

James F. Miller jamesfmiller at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:55:02 CDT 2014

Poncho.

Rain Poncho.

 Its all you need for the entire trail...for rain gear that is.

Bigfoot Jim

Diane Soini <dianesoini at gmail.com> wrote:

In my opinion and experience, a rain jacket is better than a wind shirt because a rain jacket does both. But get a cheap rain jacket. A frogg toggs will work on the PCT since it's not very overgrown. You can patch it with duct tape or buy another. They're pretty cheap. Even better is the Z-packs cuben fiber rain jacket. It's very comfortable, not sweaty and a lot more durable than a frogg toggs. Don't get a fashionable thing from REI. That's just too heavy. You may get rain in So Cal and if you do, it carries the possibility of being the worst kind of rain, the kind that causes hypothermia. That said, I've survived in So Cal without a rain jacket, with just a polycryo ground sheet and grim determination and 30 mile days. Ha ha. Best trip ever!