[pct-l] SoCal closures

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Fri Mar 7 12:52:30 CST 2014

> I agree with you and plan to walk the same route, taking good maps. The route that Hikin' Jim laid out is
> very clear on Google maps in satellite view, so these are well-travelled tracks.

FWIW, some of those "tracks" are on private property, too...
Hikin' Jim has repeatedly stated that his "routes" have not been checked out on the ground - and if one
looks closely, some of his routes are NOT on "well-traveled tracks" in some areas - and some of the
tracks that are power or phone line 'roads' do NOT mean that they can be used by the 'public', either.

Hopefully an alternate route off the highways as much as possible will 'soon' be scouted out, but, if not,
remember that each individual hiker is a representative (or ambassador) of the PCT hiking community,
so please respect private property and do not trespass.  "HYOH" should NOT apply in this case!

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)