[pct-l] Friends looking to do a section hike

Dan Welch welchenergy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 05:52:10 CST 2014

I'm meeting my wife for a 60+ mile stretch from Echo Lake to Interstate 80.
She will fly into Reno and take a short bus ride to South Lake Tahoe where
we will meet.  We will finish at Sugar Bowl ski resort near I-80 and they
have transportation into Truckee 5 miles away.  Truckee has bus service to
the Reno airport.

This may be more like a 5-6 day section fpor someone who hasn't broken into
the trail though.

A shorter section (35 miles) is Mammoth to Tuolumne. They are about a 3 hr
bus ride from the Reno Airport.  Wilderness permits can be challenging from
that stretch since there are quotas.  It's doable, but not a slam dunk.
Just don' wait until the last minute...

Timberline