[pct-l] Car Storage - San Diego

Rod Scott rjscott64 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:14:58 CST 2014

Hello All -

My wife and I will be attempting a thru hike this year.  Leaving in early April.  We have sold or will put into storage all our worldly possessions.  My dilema is what to do with our car (Mini Cooper).  We do not want to sell it and have begun to look at car storage in San Diego (where we live) but the costs are upward of $120 per month which (although doable) is a cost we are hoping to reduce.  I am wondering if others have looked at this issue in the past or have some creative alternatives.  Perhaps there may be a person with a extra bit of land they wouldn't mind us taking up while we hike.

In general:

    Outdoor storage is fine as long as it is in a safe area

    We are OK with it just sitting for the 6 months (we can prep the car so it will be OK for that period of time)

    We have chatted with Friends but no luck locating a suitable area with them :-(

Thanks for your help/suggestions.

RJ.