[pct-l] Transportation Question: Lone Pine to LAX Options

Don Amundson amrowinc at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 28 13:26:54 CDT 2014

The timing of your exit is awkward.  As Yoshihiro suggest the Los Angeles flight out of Mammoth is the best bet (for a confirmed connection).  There is a shuttle service that can take you directly to the Mammoth Airport in time for the flight if you can get to Whitney Portal in time    http://www.eastsidesierrashuttle.com/
You might post on the JMT facebook and/or the JMT Yahoo group and see if anyone is exiting on the 26th and heading to LA.
Winging it is always fun but it you have a "can't change" airline reservation it might prove stressful.  I exited one year and had a ride offered to me all the way to Reno before I took the first bite of my portal burger.

Good luck.