[pct-l] Mt. Shasta KOA

Laurie Hallum laurie_h1234 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 20:15:16 CDT 2014

     I just got back from driving four thru-hikers around Mt. Shasta, California.  I picked them up in Castella at Interstate 5.  They did all of their resupplying and laundry, then we headed to the Mt. Shasta KOA for a shower, that's where everyone said to go.  When we got there the showers were not available for non-paying guests.  I suggested Castle Crags State Park.  One thru-hiker got the phone number from the KOA clerk and found out that the showers were 50¢ for 5 minutes at the state park.  Just wanted to pass on the information.
Lady Pegasus
Redding, CA